Wanna know how to properly store your wigs and bundles when not in use? Awesome, Let's dive into it!
But first, picture this! You scroll through Instagram, see your favorite celebrity or influencer wearing a very nice wig looking so bomb. Then you decide to shop the links they posted so that you can get that magic hair that never tangles, curls perfectly, and is definitely “Insta-worthy”. Fast forward 6 months down the line, that hair has totally spiraled into something that you barely recognize. Now you are filled with regret having spent hundreds of dollars on a wig that was only good for just one wear. Yikes!
Listen, girl, I totally get it because that was me at one point when I did not understand that when it comes to hair longevity, maintenance is EVERYTHING. It doesn’t matter if the hair is top-of-the-line luxury raw human hair gotten from the queen of Sheba. If you don’t develop good hair habits, that expensive weave will depreciate in value really quickly.
One of the best maintenance hacks is to properly store your wigs and bundles after each use. It can be very tempting to just tie up your hair in a bag and dump it somewhere till the next time you need it. But that would not give you the best value for your good weave.
Before you put your wigs and bundles away after use, you need to make sure that you are properly prepping them and not just storing them straight after taking them down from your scalp. You should;
- Detangle carefully using a wide-tooth comb or brush to remove any knots. Focus on those areas of the hair that were not easily accessible while you were wearing it.
- Wash and condition your wigs and bundles using a wig-safe shampoo and conditioner to remove any product build-up to keep hair looking soft and fresh.
- Ensure that your wigs and bundles are completely 100% dry before storing them. This prevents molds and mildew. You can either air-dry or blow-dry depending on the type of hair and preference. When using heat, use a heat-protectant spray to prevent heat damage.
What’s the best way to store your wigs & bundles?
- Store them in satin or silk bags - This is the most space-saving method to store your hair. The satin bag helps to retain moisture and also helps to prevent tangles. Most of our Wendy luxe wigs and bundles come in satin bags. Don’t dispose of them when you receive your hair, use them for storage. It will keep your wig soft and hydrated.
- Store your wigs on a wig head - This is a great option to maintain the shape and style of your wigs in-between wears. Depending on the number of wigs you have in your collection, you need to consider the space you have available to fit the wig heads. You can choose from the wig head options like corks, canvas & styrofoam mannequins.
- Store your wigs and bundles in a shoebox - This is a great option for storing bundles. Get some shoe or storage boxes lying around, stack up your bundles and wigs in it. Do make sure that your wefts are completely dried and detangled before putting them away in a box.
Purchasing really good hair can be pricey, so you need to make sure that you are getting the most use out of it. Properly storing your wigs and bundles is a necessary step to ensure that they stay tangle-free, luscious, and hydrated.
SHARE THIS POST
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp